Do you love stuffed peppers but sometimes think it’s too much work to prepare the filling, stuff each pepper individually, and then bake? Then this soup is perfect for you! It features lots of yummy fresh veggies, lean ground buffalo, and (optional) brown rice.
It’s also incredibly easy, takes very little time, and tastes delicious. A perfect weeknight meal!
To start, you want to take some of Hometown Harvest’s lean ground water buffalo, and saute it in a tiny bit of oil, then set aside.
While it is cooking, chop your veggies! We have red and orange peppers this week-either would be delicious!!
Chop the onions and garlic:
Saute all that yummy stuff together, add back the meat:
Add the tomato sauce, broth, and spices. Simmer, and enjoy!
Stuffed Pepper Soup
1 lb ground buffalo
1 large onion (any kind), chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 c. chopped pepper (red, green, orange-any color is fine)
14 oz. chopped tomatoes (canned is fine)
14 oz. tomato sauce
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1 c. cooked brown rice (optional)
- Brown the ground buffalo over medium heat, set aside.
- Chop your veggies, then combine in the same pot until softened, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the ground buffalo back to the pot.
- Add spices, then tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken broth.
- Simmer 20 minutes, then top with brown rice, or mix in to the whole pot.